We are very lucky to be living in a time when the original, ancient teachings of the Buddha are still available to us. The Buddha explained that there are four steps we need to follow in order to achieve the goal of true happiness:
- We need to associate with good people who know the teachings of the Buddha and who are trying to follow them.
- We need to listen carefully to those teachings.
- We need to reflect wisely on those teachings and apply them to our lives.
- And finally we need to put those teachings into practice and lead our life according to their instructions. (SN 55:5)
We have many ways for you to learn the teachings of the Buddha
- Come to an activity focused on teaching, including our monthly retreat, Buddhist Monday-school, or the Friday talk after the devotional service.
- Come to one of our meditation activities such as the Friday class.
- Download guided meditations.
- Borrow a book from our lending library
- Get books from the Sutta Pitaka: The Scriptures of Theravada Buddhism from Amazon.ca or Amazon.com.
- Or make an appointment to come and speak with one of our monks. Contact Us